Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Quad Twins

After a lot of work and struggle, with the kind help from local HAM community I managed to raise the quad #1 to its final height. Once the #1 was up I started the construction of the #2 and I finalized the construction on Tuesday. I snapped a picture of the tower on Tuesday afternoon. The weather was grey and temperature was –7C.
image

Critical Measures

Stacked two identical HRS Quads. Original idea from DK7ZB. Thanks!
5 bands: 10-20.
Feed system, 450 ohm ladder line from shack. Tuner S-match by PA0FRI.
Tower rotating 360 degrees.
Upper quad center height 20m, lower quad center height 9m, stacking distance 11m.

Eznec Model Figures

Eznec calculated performance figures for the stack.
20m
image image
17m
image image
15m
image image
12m
image image
10m
image image
Reasonably good for DX, I think… but always room for some improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment