Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Keeping the JT9 bands warm

I think it is the chicken and egg problem.

HAMs continue working JT65 still even it seems to be history. JT9 has significantly less bandwidth (only 16Hz!!) and even better decoding capacity in bad conditions.

I am committed keeping the JT9 signal on air! When I am at (or remoting) my  computer I will call CQ. After a long configuration work I got my Yaesu G-1000DXC rotor also working with my computer and HRD Rotator software. So the rotor is also working with remote commands.

Main bands 15, 20 and 30m. Usually I am calling JT9 CQ around 800Hz (+2 kHz selected) with WSJT-X software.

During the past two weeks I have worked more than 150 stations with JT9 mode, some with more than one band. If you feel like it you can work me several times even on the same band.

Most important thing, let us keep the JT9 bands warm!

Cheers,

Toni OH3T

No comments:

Post a Comment