Monday, October 1, 2012

10m wide open on Friday


Last Friday was really great on 10m. Band was wide open with background noise on S1-level and below in my QTH.

Logged CT9, CU3, ZS2, VU2, 6Y, IS0, NE8 among many other regular ones with 5 watts or less on 10m both SSB and CW. I was really happy when I managed to get through to ZS2 with SSB and there were quite a few stations calling. He was peaking +15 on my S-meter.

Tibet Autonomous Region of China


I worked also the Chinese pedition to Tibet Autonomous Region of China, the BY1WXD/0. Very nice signals to EU on 10. They are active until the Sunday next weekend.



CQ CQ de 6Y5..


In the the afternoon my time I turned the antenna towards Caribbean to check if 10m opening would provide any surprises. And sure enough.. 6Y5WJ was calling CQ with no takers. I called him a couple of times with no reply. I rechecked the radio only to find that my split was for 3D2C, that I was hunting earlier. Great, no wonder there was no reply. I quickly synchronized the VFOs and gave my call. He came back immediately. After few more callers the massive pileup mounted and he started running split.

3D2C QRP Hunt Continues

So far, no luck with Conway Reef in QRP. The pileups are still massive.
I have noted lots of complaints about missing qsos in Clublog. Problem with the satellite phone. My one QSO that I made in the beginning of the pedition is fortunately in the log. So in case I decide to send my antry to CQ DX Marathon that one is covered. They will QRT early Wednesday so that leaves lots of hopes for Monday and Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment