Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Terrible band conditions


On Monday morning everything was coloured red.

Major strom, K-index peaking 7. Some strong EU stations on 20, but very little action elsewhere.
Some reports on cluster about Conway, but nothing heard in my antennas.

In the afternoon the conditions improved. Logged 7T50I/P pedition with SSB 5 watts.

In portable on Rechgoun Island and lighthouse
IOTA AF-94



Found 8P6DR calling CQ on 20 with very nice signals. Got him to the log /qrp as well.

I was listening T6JC earlier on 15 when he was working lots of JAs, but the signal was very weak. Way too weak to work QRP. I checked him an hour later just to find the signal had improved to S7+. He was running split. After a couple of calls he came back to OH2?, repeat, OH3?, repeat OH3?, speed down, OH3T?, I gave rr and report and he came back with my call and report. Excellent op. (S57J) http://www.s57j.byethost14.com/ at the helm of the T6JC.




I was listening 3D2C on 20 when massive signal came on air. That was peaking +35 on my S-meter. Hard to miss on the band scope a bit above the pileup. That was LZ1814MIS, a new saint from the "All Bulgarian Saints - 2012" http://www.balkanclub.org/awards.htm Balkan contest club award. Yes it was the first of October and time for a new saint. I worked him with the first call, once he got the keyer programmed. Some initial hassles obviously.

Later in the evening I was calling CQ on 20m but got very little action. I checked from RBN that my qrp signal was 10dB over at VE2 on 20. I got some calls back from EU. A UU7 (?) was calling me but I could not copy the full call. Sri OM if you are reading this.


No comments:

Post a Comment